Blogger's Block
So the trouble with blogging is that when you get behind with your writing you just don't know where to pick up again. I mean, how does one choose a single anecdote (from the rich variety that constitues my life) from which to reclaim one's WWW turf? This question has troubled me over the the last few months. Consequently, there's been no blogging. However, today I endeavor to begin my online life anew. Here goes...
I was a big fan of the Power Rangers. I'm not keen on revealing too much personal info on the internet, but I must admit I went through a phase when I actually thought I was one. After all, I did have the White Ranger's Saba-saber (which made real battle noises) and the mad martial arts skills to accompany it. I was just a brightly colored polyester suit away from riding in a Zord and getting together with my love, Kimberly the Pink Ranger. Anyhow, the long and short of it is that I grew out of it, stopped watching the T.V. show, and put my Saba-saber to rest in the attic (you never know when evil will strike so it is best to keep things like that on hand). I never once stopped to think about what would happen to the Rangers once my loyalty flagged.
But now I know. It seems that badass Tommy (the way cool Green Ranger) just couldn't cut it in the fast paced, action packed Ranger world and I happened upon him the other day in, of all places, Oita City:
I shit you not, these are pictures of the Green Ranger waving a flag in front of a gas station trying to get drivers' attention. It seems that Tommy used his money recklessly in his younger years and now has to scrape by with minimum wage flag waving jobs. Apparently he was allowed to keep his suit but was stripped of his Dragon Zord (I assume at least because he could surely get far more attention using it rather than a checkered flag). Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
May this be a lesson to us all.
Especially you, Pink Ranger, you conniving strumpet.

comments:
8:28 PM
I guess there just isn't a place for once evil rangers in a post
9-11 america...
you would think that there would atleast be a godzilla attack or something for him to do once in a while...
Post a Comment